WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne has said British Wrestling is "safe" after backlash from fans following several exclusive contracts being issued by WWE.
According to reports, several members of the NXT UK roster have been offered high-paying contracts, that would exclusively sign some of British wrestling's top stars to work for WWE alone.
Responding on Twitter, the Bruiserweight said British wrestling was safe, and warned his followers not to believe everything they've read.
British wrestling is safe. Will continue to grow, the talent pool is deep. Your favourite wrestlers are achieving goals and taking steps in their career. Don’t believe everything you read 🤷♂️ Britwres is alive and well— Pete Dunne (@PeteDunneYxB) November 27, 2018
NXT UK launched earlier this year, with Rhea Ripley being crowned as the first ever NXT UK Women's Champion this week.
Follow us on X @WNSource
LIKE us on Facebook
⚡ News tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org