Rich Swann won the WWE Cruiserweight Champion on last night's debuting WWE 205 Live after defeating Brian Kendrick. The show was well received by the crowd in attendance and those viewing at home.
WWE is hoping to make the Cruiserweight division sustainable hence why they have launched a show dedicated to to it. Triple H is believed to be in overall control of the direction and production.
Courtesy of CageSideSeats.com, below is a quick recap:
- Mauro Ranallo, Corey Graves & Austin Aries are our commentary team. Aries teases he’s only in this role until he’s medically cleared, then he’s going after the Cruiserweight title.
- The roster (Rich Swann, TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher, HoHo Lun, the Bollywood Boys, Noam Dar, Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, Ariya Daivari, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Akira Tozawa, Mustafa Ali, Gran Metalik and Brian Kendrick) are introduced from the stage.
- Harv & Gurv Shira, the Bollywood Boys, are introduced via video package.
- The Bollywood Boys def. Tony Nese & Drew Gulak via pinfall in approximately seven minutes following stereo superkicks to Gulak
- Nese & Gulak are interviewed while the victors dance in the ring. They complain about their opponents and the ring conditions.
- Noam Dar is introduced via video package.
- Cruiserweight champ Kendrick is interviewed in the locker room, and says he’ll retain tonight when he faces Swann. Perkins cuts in to remind us he never got a rematch from when Brian beat him for the title.
- Gran Metalik is introduced via video package.
- Jack Gallagher def. Ariya Daivari via pinfall in approximately five and a half minutes following a series of dropkicks
- Lince Dorado is introduced via video package, followed by one for Swann.
- Rich Swann def. Brian Kendrick via pinfall in approximately thirteen and a half minuted following a series of spinning heel kicks to become the NEW Cruiserweight champ
- The new champ spoke about his deceased mother from the ring, while the old one was interviewed on the ramp, blaming the loss on Perkins and vowing to get the belt back.