Speaking to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania radio host Mark Madden earlier today to promote his appearance at Wednesday night's Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game, Kurt Angle stated that he does plan to return to WWE, but currently doesn't know when a return will happen.
During the conversation, Angle stated that he spoke with Triple H approximately six weeks ago prior to the announcement regarding the Brand Extension, but has not spoken with any WWE officials since then. He said that the conversation between the two centered more around how Angle could end his career, potentially leading to something happening at a future WrestleMania. Furthermore, the conversation also focused on Angle helping to elevate the younger talent roster, especially after NXT talents get called up to the main roster after WrestleMania. Angle said he was told by Triple H that WWE is trying to push the younger talent in order to make bigger names, and while the company wasn't necessarily looking for older guys in order to make that happen, suddenly the Brand Extension came up, which caused plans to get changed.
Angle also stated that the conversation between himself and Triple H was a good one and that the two of them are on good terms with one another. He also clarified that he has not been contacted regarding the impending Brand Extension and that he wasn't expecting anything, which he had nothing negative to say about. Angle did say that he didn't think he would be brought back for the Brand Extension and that no one had, at least, contacted him regarding that.