WrestlingNewsSource.com is looking for enthusiastic reporters to join our team and help engage fans with one of the most popular wrestling websites on the internet today!
Since we launched back in 2006 we have always had a loyal team of reporters, but as the site grows and the industry produces more content to cover we require more reporters who can bring our readers the best in news, coverage and results.
If you think you have the ability and enthusiasm to report for WNS let us know. We want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available.
- Mainstream News Reporter: We are looking for WWE/Impact news writers to add to our team. You will be required to monitor the goings-on in various mainstream pro wrestling company's and help report the news to our readers. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the mainstream wrestling, but also the wider industry including the independents. Ideally, we want somebody who can commit to posting daily or as regular as possible.
- Ring of Honor/NJPW News Reporter: We are looking for ROH/NJPW news reporter to add to our team. You will be required to monitor the goings-on in both these promotions and help report the news to our readers. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of both these company's, but also the wider industry including the mainstream. Ideally, we want somebody who can commit to posting daily or as regular as possible.
Live Coverage/Results Reporter: We are looking for motivated reports who can provide weekly live play-by-play coverage for the following shows:
- WWE Raw, Including monthly PPV (Monday)
- WWE NXT (Wednesday)
- Impact Wrestling, Including live specials and PPV (Thursday)
- Ring of Honor / NJPW events
The ideal candidate will be able to convey clearly what is happening on-screen to our readers as it happens with updates to coverage of every 5-7 minutes. Experience would be desirable but not required. Whatever show you decide you want to cover you need to ensure you are around each week during the show for the whole duration and have suitable and reliable means to watch the broadcasts live.
- During SmackDown News Reporter: We are looking for a news reporter who can post news coming out of the SmackDown Live broadcast as it happens. News will include future match announcements for PPV's, debuts, returns, title changes etc. The ideal candidate will need to be around every Tuesday during SmackDown Live, and also bare in mind the show is moving to Friday's in 2019.
- NXT/Impact Taping News Reporter: Both WWE and Impact hold tapings for NXT and Impact Wrestling every couple months. We need a reporter who is aware of the taping schedule for one or both of these company's and is able to be online to provide our fans with the spoilers, results and any other news coming out of the tapings.
- Social Media Tweeter/Facebook Poster: We are looking to add some people to our Twitter and Facebook pages. We need Raw and SmackDown tweeters during the shows but we are looking for those interested in helping tweet during NXT (Wed), Impact (Thurs), PPV's (various) and regular to help increase our social following. As for Facebook, we are looking for somebody who understands Facebook isn't Twitter and is able to help manage and engage readers in meaningful discussion and debate. Please only apply if you have a serious understanding of social media and feel you can contribite engaging posts.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
* Your Name
* Your Age (Minimum age 16).
* The position you are applying for.
* Relevant experience/sample of work.
* Why you think you are suitable for the role.
* Your Facebook contact.
* Other information you deem relevant to the application.
What you should understand...
WNS are looking for strong writers that understand the professional wrestling industry beyond casual viewing. Candidates will need to have a strong knowledge of the business and understanding of how their work will contribute to the success of the website.
We are not looking for people who casually watch the product or have little to no understanding of how our websites or the wider internet wrestling community works. We also do not want time wasters applying who have no intention of fulfilling their duties, so please when applying ensure you think carefully about the time available to you and what role you could fulfill.
Your work will be viewed by thousands of readers daily and would be a great thing to have on your CV - references can be provided. You will also get a chance to build up your own readership and interaction with fans, which is a very rewarding privilege. These positions are non-paying but incentives are sometimes given and increased responsibility depending on the quality and dedication to your work.
Due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for us to respond to all that we receive, but be assured those successful will be contacted shortly.