Several currently injured WWE Superstars could make shocking return at this Sunday's Royal Rumble event, according to Mike Johnson.
Speaking on PWInsider Elite Audio, Johnson said how multiple Superstars who were taken off-screen in 2018 could appear in the 30-man Rumble match.
He said: "I am told Tye Dillinger will be back on the road with the company starting this weekend in Phoenix with the Rumble and the post-Rumble TVs so he could always come out as number 10 continuing on that thing that sort of deal that they’ve done the last couple of years.”
Johnson also said how former SmackDown Tag Team Champions the Bludgeon Brothers are cleared to return and may appear as well.
Matt Hardy is also a possible return in this Sunday's match, despite retiring from in-ring competition last year, after cumulative injuries over the years.
“Matt Hardy says he’s ready to come back and he’s in the great shape and the lightest he’s been in I think he said twenty years on Twitter," Johnson said.
When discussing former Universal Champion Roman Reigns, Johnson said his return would be the biggest surprise, but also said it was highly unlikely.
The WWE Royal Rumble pay per view will take place this Sunday at the Chase Field, in Phoenix, Arizona.
In addition to two Royal Rumble matches, the show will also have Universal Champion Brock Lesnar Vs Finn Balor, WWE Champion Daniel Bryan Vs. AJ Styles, as well as more title matches.